Andreas Hatveit wins the slopestyle at the Winter Dew Tour, Breckenridge-December 20, 2009:
Norwegian-native Andreas Hatveit took home his first Winter Dew Tour win at the freeski slopestyle final.
Hatveit, 23, earned a first-place score of 93.00 with a run that included a double cork 1080 and a switch right 1080. Tom Wallisch of Pittsburgh, Pa. locked in the second-place finish during his second run, landing a pretzel on the rail, a switch double rodeo 1080 and a misty 5 off the rail to earn a score of 92.38. Following in third was Sammy Carlson of Tigard, Ore., with a score of 91.13. Sammy’s solid run included a 270 onto the rail and a switch misty 900 poke.
To watch Andreas' winniing run, click here.
“Getting here [to the Winter Dew Tour] and watching the level of riding, I was just aiming to get third," said Hatveit. “But I finally got my run together, and it was definitely the best run I’ve ever had in my life so I couldn’t be happier."
Men’s Freeski Slopestyle Final
1. Andreas Hatveit, Norway, 93.0
2. Tom Wallisch, Pittsburgh, Pa., 92.38
3. Sammy Carlson, Tigard, Ore., 91.13
4. Bobby Brown, Breckenridge, Colo., 89.50
5. Elias Ambuhl, Switzerland, 89.00
6. Jf Houle, Canada, 84.00
7. Philip Casabon, Canada, 81.50
8. Sean Jordan, Scranton, Pa., 79.50
9. Alexis Godbout, Canada, 74.00
10. Oscar Harlaut, Sweden, 66.75
11. Tj Schiller, Canada, 16.50
12. Charles Gagnier, Canada, 12.00